Hockey My Door to Europe details the author’s personal - sometimes harrowing - experiences covering international hockey, especially behind the Iron Curtain, including the start of youth hockey exchanges between Canada and communist countries.
The book also provides an in-depth view of the following events:
- The author’s detainment by the Czechoslovak secret police in 1983;
- The nuclear plant explosion in Chernobyl, which occurred during the 1986 World Championship in Moscow;
- The defection of Soviet hockey star Alexander Mogilny following the 1989 World Championship in Stockholm;
- The fall of the Berlin Wall, which took place in November of 1989 while the author was in Moscow;
- The uprising in Kiev, Ukraine, which occurred during the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, leading to Russia’s annexation of Crimea.
Exchange or store credit within 30 days of receiving the item. We do NOT OFFER REFUNDS. But our team is here and happy to help you find something else! All holiday items can be exchanged in-store until January 30th, 2021. Sale items and custom order items are always final sale.
Get free shipping on all orders over $50! Shop Early: Due to the ongoing pandemic, you can expect delays from all shipping carriers this year. Shop early to prevent delays! Shop-in store in Toronto's Distillery District. We're open and ready to help you find the perfect gift!
Shop in-store, or shop online and choose in-store or curbside pick-up. All in-stock items are available for SAME DAY pick-up. We're also shipping all in-stock items within 1 business day. We are asking if you come visit us in store that you please wear a mask. Hope to see you soon!