Hockey My Door to Europe details the author’s personal - sometimes harrowing - experiences covering international hockey, especially behind the Iron Curtain, including the start of youth hockey exchanges between Canada and communist countries.
The book also provides an in-depth view of the following events:
- The author’s detainment by the Czechoslovak secret police in 1983;
- The nuclear plant explosion in Chernobyl, which occurred during the 1986 World Championship in Moscow;
- The defection of Soviet hockey star Alexander Mogilny following the 1989 World Championship in Stockholm;
- The fall of the Berlin Wall, which took place in November of 1989 while the author was in Moscow;
- The uprising in Kiev, Ukraine, which occurred during the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, leading to Russia’s annexation of Crimea.
All holiday items can be exchanged in-store until February 28th , 2021. Items can be exchanged for a new item or for store credit. We do NOT OFFER REFUNDS. But our team is here and happy to help you find something else! Sale items and custom order items are always final sale.
TORONTO CURBSIDE PICKUP
Due to the provincial lockdown our Toronto gallery is closed for indoor shopping. We are open for curbside pickup on Saturdays.
support small business
Make a purchase. Buy a gift card. Follow us on Instagram. Sign up for our newsletter. There are so many ways to support small businesses like ours right now. We really appreciate it!